Universal GUI

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Sun Jul 27 16:46:01 EDT 2003

On Sunday, July 27, 2003, at 01:39  PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Top 10 Reasons the Apple Dock Sucks
> <http://www.asktog.com/columns/044top10docksucks.html>

Get LaunchBar- you will hide the Dock and never us it again :-)

I know Apple deserves massive flame-age, although one has to admit a
few things good about OS X UI:

- sheets are good invention (sheets are document-centric modal dialogs)
- drop shadows and antialiasing (easier on the eyes)
- real buffering by the window manager  (easier on the eyes)

Whenever I work on my Windows2000 box I am always surprised when there
are chunky areas all over the screen as the screen redraws when
launching an app or switching apps. And it has jaggy text rendering. I
guess they added font smoothing in XP though.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
http://ARCplanning.com