Imageready

stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Jul 27 12:44:00 EDT 2003

Gee, I didn't find ImageReady that hard to use...it works like an
animation stand with planes...

Build up the elements of animation with Layers then 'snapshot' each
frame in the animation window. Make each frame look like you want
with the layers, then move to the next frame - the last one shows the
last state of what layers are switched on! Dissolves can be made by
changing the transparency of intermediate frames. By switching the
frames on in sequence, the animation is created.

You can even import short Quicktime movies, I think.

By the way, you can't select 'all the frames', you select 'all the
layers', if that's what you want, but final transparency specs are
determined in the compression palette. Your background (black?)
should be your first layer.

>There seems to be deep confusion between layers and frames, and it
>appears that a layer can 'have' several frames, while a frame can
>'have' several layers! Just selecting all the frames to make black
>the transparent color (for example) turns out to be impossible or
>massively counterintuitive...

                      Stephen Barncard
            record production and surround mixing
             Email: mailto:stephen at barncard.com