Universal GUI (was Re: HIG...)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jul 27 08:32:00 EDT 2003

Dan Shafer wrote:

> Richard Gaskins suggests that perhaps developers of the world need to
> take the issue of cross-platform GUI compatibility by the horns and
> wrestle it to the ground.
> Bottom line: if we're going to be multi-platform developers, we have to
> learn to develop so our apps look and behave natively on all targeted
> platforms. Rev comes much, much closer to supporting that ideal than
> any IDE or language of which I am aware.

Agreed on all points.  But I guess here we get to the real question:  How do
we get Apple back to being a research-based (as opposed to a
Steve's-Whim-based) company?

The pre-NeXT Apple understood the difference between usability engineering
and graphic design.  And they had twice the marketshare.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation