Palm Database Viewer

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Jul 23 09:28:01 EDT 2003

On 07/23/2003 at 07:56 AM, Lars Lewejohann <lale at phenotyping.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> About a month ago I asked:
>
>>(...) whether there are any templates/experiences using revolution to
> read/write
>>Palm databases.
>
> Well, now there is. I wrote a simple Palm Database Viewer that at least
> works
> well on WinXP with Palm databases produced by my own Palm software. You
> can download the stack from http://www.tinyredbook.com/PDBV.zip .
>
> Any comments are welcome!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Lars

Lars,

I'm not sure why, but my perception of programming for PalmOS has always
seemed somewhat mystical. Fear of the unknown, I guess. But I am happy to
see a Rev developer building apps to bridge over to the PDA relm. There
was a thread on this list over a year ago, asking RunRev to offer PalmOS
as yet another supported platform. Wouldn't it be great to be able to
build tiny apps on your PC/Mac/*nix system that will run on a PDA? I
really enjoyed opening various .PDB files with your viewer just to have a
look at their guts. I looked at your Palm app "Tiny Red Book" on your
website... nice. Great work!

Regards,
Roger Eller
roger.e.eller at sealedair.com