Palm Database Viewer

Lars Lewejohann lale at phenotyping.com
Wed Jul 23 07:06:01 EDT 2003

Hi,

About a month ago I asked:

 >(...) whether there are any templates/experiences using revolution to
read/write
 >Palm databases.

Well, now there is. I wrote a simple Palm Database Viewer that at least
works
well on WinXP with Palm databases produced by my own Palm software. You
can download the stack from http://www.tinyredbook.com/PDBV.zip .

Known issues:
-The record format is supposed to be NULL terminated string data -  data
saved
  in other format (e.g., integer) will not be displayed (and saved)
correctly
-The App/Sortinfo block and Categories are ignored (my databases don't
use them)

I have not tested this on Linux or Mac systems.  Especially on Mac I
have no idea
whether PDBs saved with my prog will be installable since I don't  know
a) if  a
"Mac file type" is needed and b) if so, what is the "Mac file type" for
Palm databases.

Any comments are welcome!

Kind regards,

Lars