ANN: Amazon Assistant

Edwin Gore edgore at shinra.com
Fri Jul 18 20:42:04 EDT 2003

Hey all,

After much work, and much sweat I have put out a beta version of Amazon
Assistant, a program I am working for use by members of Amazon's Associate
program. It's a desktop application that let's you create a database of
products that you want to offer either by manually typing data into the
database, entering partial information (ASIN, product name and a keyword, or
whatever), and click a button to retreive all the product details from
Amazon Web Services importing stuff exported from a database, or (thanks to
altBrowser) you can browse around Amazon and click "Add This Product", and
it will automatically add the product you are looking at to your catalog.

Overall, I think it's kind of cool.

It's very catalog/storefront oriented, but if any of you are members of the
Associate program I would appreciate any  feedback.

The beta (and all unregistered version) won't let you change the Associate
ID that is inserted (and the license agreement says that you won't change it
in the .html files it generate (yeah right)), but if you are willing to put
the effort into really testing it, I'll give you a freebie.

If you are interested, its at http://www.shinra.com/amazonassistant/

(And Heather...I'm upgrading to Studio from Educational next week...well
before this becomes commercial)

Edwin Gore