Scrolling through panorama JPEGs?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jul 15 15:06:00 EDT 2003

Mark Guzdial wrote:

> I've generated some panorama JPEGs using a mode on my Powershot S45.  These
> are JPEGs that are some 1024 pixels high and several thousand pixels
> long.  There's an example at
> http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/guzdial/uploads/37/panoramaFromAcropolis2.jpg
>
> Has anyone built anything in Revolution for showing these kinds of
> shots?  I can imagine a couple of different ways I'd like to show such
> pictures:
> - Display a slideful of the image in an image viewer, with a horizontal
> scrollbar for allowing the user to scroll through the length.
> - Display a segment of the image and dynamically move the view along the
> image in a path scripted by me (ala Ken Burns' documentary style).

First off, that's a great image!

Have you considered QTVR for that?  The nature of the pano seems a natural
fit, and Tuviah has done a great job of adding QTVR support.

Check out the pan and tilt player properties.  They can be both read and
set, so you can guide the user if you like or leave the alwaysbuffer off and
let them also interact with it, displaying your notes depending on ranges of
pan and tilt settings.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation