Table'itis Redux

HyperChris at aol.com HyperChris at aol.com
Mon Jul 14 23:04:01 EDT 2003

Thanks to Jan for the pointers last week. I see now that Tables are really
"rev built" objects and therefore controlled by frontScripts which I can
explore.

For example, I see that while the data is stored in the field and accessible
through direct scriptiing (put "test" into fld"Table") it is better to always
work with the custom cREVTable property first and then use the functions
defined in the frontScript to update both the contents of the field and the table
and how it looks.

Just in case anyone is having troubles with Jan's sample, note that you need
to do the frontScript calls with one more level of indirection. For example ...
   revDisplayFormattedData field "foobar"
... should be ...
   revDisplayFormattedData ("field"&quote&"foobar"&quote)
... that way the frontscript code can request the field's id without problem.

Thanks again. This is a great list !!!