RevDB

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Mon Jan 27 12:50:34 EST 2003

Hi,

This is what I'm using... and it works ok.

I guess it just seems to me that there should be a way to fetch a particular
row from the results of a query without having to process the entire record
set as text in MetaTalk.

I'm just confounded by the cursor API, but maybe I'm missing something. Why
would I want to be able to fetch columns from the cursor but never rows?

Say I have a database cursor, and all I want to do is plunk the first 10
records, with 10 fields each, into a form. I have to make 10 calls to RevDB
to fetch the columns, and then I have to merge 10 columns of text to make 10
rows. ECK! I know I can use revdb_querylist() and script around this, but
then again... I want to use a database cursor!

I just don't follow the logic- why fetch columns but not rows?

Brian