Undocumented image problem 2

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Thu Jan 23 22:35:01 EST 2003

>The standalone that was spun off for Mac OS 9 did not show
>jpegs either in OS 9 or within the Classic emulation
>environment in Mac OS X.

Richmond,

I've run into a problem where jpegs created in photoshop don't appear
when imported into Rev. Rev shows it has the file, there's a prop palette
for it, but the image simple doesn't show up. This has only happened a
few times and I don't know what is specific about these jpegs that cause
it to happen.

In my case, I solved the problem by opening the jpeg in GraphicsConverter
and resaved as a jpeg. Then the image would appear properly within Rev
after importing.

I don't know if this is at all related to your problem (since you seem to
imply that the images work fine in the IDE when not off a CD), but I
thought I'd mention it.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein