GET Request from Revolution Fails

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Dec 26 22:22:36 EST 2003

OK more info on this one:

We suspect it is because Revolution is not able to accept an https
URL... it return "Invalid URL"  a search on the lists doesn't turn up
much....

Hope there is a work around and we are missing something simple...

## where we are trying to get the returned web page from verisign

put URL
"https://payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm?
LOGIN=himalayanacademy&PARTNER=VeriSign&AMOUNT=5&TYPE=S&ORDERFORM=False&
SHOWCONFIRM=False&CARDNUM=4111111111111111&EXPDATE=0507&DESCRIPTION=Orde
r+description+here&NAME=Billing+name+here&ADDRESS=Billing+address+here&C
ITY=Billing+city+here&STATE=HI&ZIP=96746&COUNTRY=Billing+country+here&PH
ONE=8088223012&FAX=8088223012&USER1=&METHOD=CC" into temp

put the result
-------

changing this to :

GET URL temp

also doesn't work.

we get the same error. "it" is empty as well.

Now if I paste the same url into a browser it works perfectly. Strange.
Any ideas? It almost looks as if Rev can't to https connections??

What I really want to do is use POST as in the following (but that
doesn't work either):

   POST
"LOGIN=himalayanacademy&PARTNER=VeriSign&AMOUNT=5&TYPE=S&ORDERFORM=False
&SHOWCONFIRM=False&CARDNUM=4111111111111111&EXPDATE=0507&DESCRIPTION=Ord
er+description+here&NAME=Billing+name+here&ADDRESS=Billing+address+here&
CITY=Billing+city+here&STATE=HI&ZIP=96746&COUNTRY=Billing+country+here&P
HONE=8088223012&FAX=8088223012&USER1=&METHOD=CC" to URL
"https://payflowlink.verisign.com/payflowlink.cfm"

We could use the onboard "curl" shell command but the credit card info
is going to end up in the server logs... not ideal.

Thanks!