GET Request from Revolution Fails

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Dec 26 21:18:25 EST 2003

If we set up a GET request URL string and put it in a browser, it
works. This is a typical credit card transaction with VeriSign, Payflow
Link. We want to be able to set this  up in Revolution, but a simple
GET url with the same string as used in the browser fails. I can create
a xTalk CGI with the exact same URL string and  that works either with
POST or GET. But if I try to use GET from Revolution to a VeriSign CGI
it fails.  We suspect VeriSign is wanted some special headers? If so,
what might it be? Their documentation on creating the web back end for
this was pretty clear and we followed it, but it still doesn't work
from Revolution.

Meanwhile we will test by returning the globals from  GET sent from a
browser, to our own CGI,  and then make our own httpheaders going out
from the Revolution app, to match the browser request, but this still
is not going to clue  us into exactly what is causing the GET to
VeriSign to fail.

Once we get the script to work at home, hopefully this will be
transferable to the web site to run as a faceless back end CGI script
on the web server where and old version of MC Linux engine is installed
(we are still unable to install a new Linux version of the Revolution
engine because it wants those libraries that are not installed.)

The goal is a full-fledged back end xTalk CGI solution to a store front
with automatic run-time, credit card verification, run and deposit, we
are very, very close, but still fumbling in the dark here... help!

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org