How real is the embedded web-page technique?

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Oct 9 21:44:01 EDT 2002

Are you using the multiline message box? It's probably best to try it
from a button. That way you can be sure all the steps are being used.

You can embed clickable hyperlinks in any field. Enter your test, set
it's style to "Link" and there it is. To do something with it, you need
a "linkClicked" handler in the field, which can do various things with
the link.

on linkClicked theLink
	 --  open the default browser and show the selected link
	revGoURL theLink

	 -- opens the default emailer and creates a new email to the linked
address (Mac only)
	revGoURL ("matilto:" & theLink)

	-- loads the web page and displays internally
	put URL theLink into me
	set the htmlText of me to me
	-- if the web page uses relative addressing, you may need to add the
root address first
	-- e.g. put URL ("http://www.runrev.com/" & theLink) into me
end linkClicked

Sarah