How real is the embedded web-page technique?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Wed Oct 9 20:47:01 EDT 2002

This sounds like a great idea - - however I must be doing something wrong.
If I go into the messagebox and type:

put URL "http://www.runrev.com/index.html" into temp
put "temp = " & temp

I get no results.   I tried a bunch of other URLs like (http://www.apple.com)
and didn't get anything either.   I'm definetely connected to the network, as
I'm able to send out this email message on AOL.   (Perhaps AOL's the problem
- - - I'm on dialup).   I'm on Mac OS X, (Jaguar).   I'm in authoring mode,
so I would think I'd have all the internet tools available, right?

When I do get this working, will I be able to have the user click on the
hyperlinks displayed on the web-page that's displayed as HTML in that field?
 In other words, is it just like embedding a browser on the card, or is this
just a means of displaying a page to the user, but they can't click on
hyperlinks.   If this does let me treat that field like an actual browser,
with clickable hyperlinks, I will be extremely impressed with Revolution.

- Rob