Application Path?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat May 11 17:16:01 EDT 2002

At 2:03 AM -0700 5/10/2002, Ben Rubinstein wrote:
>A thought for Jeanne, to help fill your copious free time: it might be
>really useful to have a version of the index in the main documentation stack
>(which offers a list of terms in the dictionary, filtered by matching some
>text in the title) - a version which filters by matching some text anywhere
>in the entry.   So if one searched for, say, "linefeed", rather than
>stepping through each occurence of that word in each entry, you'd just get a
>list of the matching entries, so you could immediately see which ones might
>be relevant.

Hmm. I'll think about doing this - it shouldn't be too hard (if people are
willing to put up with a second or two of delay), my main concern here is
avoiding interface clutter.

Also, as an alternative, you can use the Rev "Find" menu item and set it to
search the folder with the documentation stacks - this will get you a list
of cards with a hit.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/