Rev Docs in pdf - link correction!

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri May 10 12:16:01 EDT 2002

on 5/10/02 6:41 AM, Barry Levine at themacguy at mac.com wrote:

> Oops! I copied the link incorrectly. Here is the correct link where you
> may download the Rev language reference in pdf format:
>
> <http://homepage.mac.com/themacguy/FileSharing>.html
----------
Thanks Barry,

I'm in the process of building a reference computer out of an old Mac IIci.
It's already the hottest old Mac of that vintage on the island. RasterOps
nubus w/daughtercard and drivers, accelerator card, memeory within a few
weeks of being 128 mb.

While I've gotcha here:

1) Can I upgrade to an 040 proc or get a better mainboard for that IIci, or
maybe clock the 030? I want it to search faster, and I'm also looking for
the software patch so I can bring it from OS 7.6 to 8.1, which is more
efficient with HD memory. Do you know where I can get it?

2) I have a 2 yr-old G4 350mhz w/512mb memory, DVD ROM, and 40g HD. I will
be using it to develop in RR (among other things). I'd like to get opinions
on the best upgrades. I want the best fast board and maybe a Super Drive,
but I've heard negative things about some third party boards, and a few bad
things concerning the reliability of the Super Drive.

Thanks much,
Ken N.