woohoo!

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 7 10:57:01 EDT 2002

--- BCE <mark at bcesouth.com> wrote:
> [snip]  But we have a pc machine
> at work that has SCO
> OpenServer installed on it.  I created an app in Rev
> to test on it, but when
> I ran it, it said it couldn't open the display, or
> something similar to
> that.  I tried running it from the command line.  Do
> I need to be in an "X"
> environment to run a Rev app on Unix?

Yes, unless you're running a faceless cgi-app.

> [snip]  But the machine is used for customer
> orders, and it has gobs of text files that Rev
> is just asking to delimit.

You're right, RunRev's tewxt handling capacities are
great for this sort of work.

> Any advice would be most appreciated.

Well, there are two ways to go, imho.
1) Learn unix shell scripting
     -- it's amazing what grep and its friends can do.
2) Or ftp the file to your Mac, and fiddle with it
there.

> Thanks!
> Mark

Have fun,

Jan Schenkel

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."