Develop / Test / Build Cycle

peter.fink at tiscali.ch peter.fink at tiscali.ch
Wed Jul 24 10:50:00 EDT 2002

I always (always refers to HC) had a card which contained the script to
create the distribution.
it made a selective copy of the stack, containing the distributive cards
only.
Additionally it made automatic translations from translation cards, since
here I need at least two language versions. The test code (scripts, objects)
was disabled, hidden and the like, or thrown out.

The built-in standalone builder is just one step in the creation of golden
master for distribution. I would even consider making the standalone application
"standard", without contents.

Compare it to C++: you have to build separately, without debug symbols.
And so on.

>-- Original-Nachricht --
>Subject: Re: Develop / Test / Build Cycle
>From: Rick Harrison <harrison at all-auctions.com>
>To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 10:55:19 -0400
>

>on 7/24/2002 10:07 AM, jez at jbradshaw at blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
>
>Perhaps I am missing something but I cannot see any way to separate the
Test