Installing stand-alone apps on Windows

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Wed Jul 17 03:41:00 EDT 2002

>Hello List!
>
>Distributing my project to Windows, can someone tell me what the usual
>protocol is for installing an app on a Windows machine? It seems that the
>mac's simple "drag it to where you want it" may not suffice. Does someone
>have an installation script they might be willing to share?

I am not a windows expert, I repeat, I am not a windows expert but ...

The only standalone I have created so far was deployed onto windows
NT. I transferred it via AIM and then made an alias that I put onto
the desktop and it launches. It appeared to me that my expectations
of "drag it to where you want it" seemed to work.

Again, I use Mac OS X and am not a windows expert but just dropping
it onto the hard drive seemed to be enough.

Kee Nethery