Editing Menu Groups

Klaus Major klaus.major at metascape.org
Tue Jul 9 10:31:01 EDT 2002

Hi Bob and Rob,

> on 7/9/02 9:49 AM, Rob Cozens at rcozens at pon.net wrote:
>
> I only use the Menu Manager to create new menu groups, as I have
> developed the habit of maintaining controls in a group (and just
> about everything else) from the Application Overview.
>
> To Rob or anyone else,
>
> Do you have any idea why, after a menu is created (and edited several
> times)
> I am unable to address the menu group from a script? The menu group
> "menubar
> 1" exists, and if not on card, it is appears on the "Place Group" list
> of
> available groups, but if I attempt to place it on a card via a script
> (from
> button or message box) I always get a "no such object" response.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob

this could be a semantic issue ;-)
(Maybe not, of course...)

When a grp has its backgroundbehaviour checked, then it has to be called
background "xxx" if it is not on the card where it is called in the
script.

Try to change your script and see if it works: use

bg "menubar 1"

instead of

grp "menubar 1"

Hope that helps.