Playing Sound Clips

Gene Kennedy cyberscope at home.com
Wed Jan 30 09:41:01 EST 2002

> Message: 13
> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:48:43 -0800
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> From: Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com>
> Subject: Re: Playing Sound Clips
>
> Two things:
>
> Note that the debugger in Revolution works differently than the one in HyperCard -- putting a breakpoint in the script will only work if the debugger is _already_ open.

Yes, I know.  It was.

> It doesn't seem as though you're reaching that code, though, since the sound isn't playing. So the second thing is, where are you placing the on playStopped? If memory serves, the message can be responded to at the card level. So if you put that code I posted into the card script, does it still fail?

I originally placed your code in a "On MouseUp" handler in a button on a card where the "PlayStopped" signal was not detected.
When I moved your code to the card script, and called it from the button event, it worked "OK".  Is this the general case with most RR signals, i.e. they are sent to the card and not to the control on the card which initiated the response?

Thanks again for your suggestion.
Gene Kennedy