Playing Sound Clips

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Wed Jan 30 04:49:00 EST 2002

At 12:01 AM -0500 1/30/02, Gene Kennedy wrote:
>The code provided by Geoff seems correct however, the "playStopped" signal is never detected.  I tried a
>breakpoint in the signal handler but it never gets there.  As a result only the first sound clip in the
>array is played.  I had the same problem in my earlier experiments trying to solve the original problem of
>playing multiple audio clips in rapid succession.  This may be a bug!  Geoff, since you seem to be one of
>the stalwarts on this list, perhaps you could verify this?

Two things:

Note that the debugger in Revolution works differently than the one in HyperCard -- putting a breakpoint in the script will only work if the debugger is _already_ open.

It doesn't seem as though you're reaching that code, though, since the sound isn't playing. So the second thing is, where are you placing the on playStopped? If memory serves, the message can be responded to at the card level. So if you put that code I posted into the card script, does it still fail?

regards,

Geoff