Revolution and Task (handler) Overlap

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Feb 9 10:50:01 EST 2002

>PS: I'd also recommend sending your WWW site designers out for
>"reeducation": I find it personally offensive that you can't even view
>www.mantissa.com except on a Windows system (it won't even open with
>browsers other than IE, and is all garbaged up on Macs even with IE).
>You'll not likely be getting any business from us, or any other users
>of UNIX or Mac systems, if you stick with this policy.

Hi all,

I'd like to add my voice in agreement.

Every time I visit a website that tells me, "This website is best viewed
in..." or "This website requires someKindOfPlugIn...", my reaction is, "OK,
if you're more interested in creating the latest 'wiz-bang effect' than
providing a consistent experience for visitors using different browsers,
I'm not going to waste my time at your website."

The goal of html, xml, and other industry standards is to allow creation of
documents that can be viewed indetically across browsers & across
platforms.  The fact that Microsoft's attitude is "standards...what
standards?  We're so big whatever we do sets the standard." really irks me.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company