Dictionary crash.

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Sat Feb 9 05:48:01 EST 2002

on 2/9/02 12:30 AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto at jeanne at runrev.com wrote:

> What version are you using?
----------
1.1.1b1
----------
> Also: if it happens again, try command-period. If it's the problem I'm
> thinking of, command-period should let you click the definition window to
> close it.
----------
It 'felt' like a memory problem of some kind. My PB doesn't have much. I was
on the net which means the extensions were active, plus OE was open.

When I closed OE, everything went OK, sort of. The dictionary terms came up
all right, but when I first click on a term it takes a lonnnng time for the
definition window to show up. After a few shots into it it picked up speed,
though I'm not sure why.

While you're in here with us late-nighters on the West Coast, I thought I'd
bring up a few things, but it might be a little long so I'll start another
thread.

Best regards,
Ken N.