Time limited standalone/demo

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Thu Aug 8 16:00:01 EDT 2002

In a message dated 6/8/02 2:49:05 PM, Rick Harrison writes:

<< > This can be done.  You normally have to question the system date/time
> from the system your program is working on first.  Then perform your
> calculation to determine when it should quit working.  If you are using
> a standalone you will have to store this information seperately from
> the stack you are in.
>
> Good Luck!
>
>  >>

I have scripted this effect before, by manually storing the current date in
each stack prior to building the standalone.  The problem is that you have to
do this for each build (or at least those that you want to refuse to run
after a particular date).  What I would like to be able to do is either set
the expiry (or more acurately lifespan) at the time of the build - something
for imrove rev perhaps, or at least be able to interrogate the standalone at
startup with respect to its creation date.  It is there in the 'get info' box
of a standalone, but is it a property I can 'get' and weave into a
preopenstack handler?

Best wishes,

David Glasgow
Home/ forensic assessments --> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/">