VR movies and arrow keys

Rodney Tamblyn rodneytamblyn at paradise.net.nz
Sat Jun 21 08:30:00 EDT 2003

VR question number 1:

When you've got a VR movie in a player it navigates if you press the
arrow keys (ie rotates as you press or hold an arrow key down), but
does not seem to receive an arrowkey message.  An arrowkey handler in
the card script does not receive any events... Does anyone know what is
going on here?

VR question number 2:
... is there any way to detect drag movements in a zoomed VR? (I know
about and am using drag, tilt and zoom, what I'm interested in is drag
position in a zoomed VR)

VR question number 3:
.... is there any way to paint an object over the top of a VR?  I'd
like to be able control and record movement of a "pointer" graphic - to
enable specific features of a VR to be highlighted. One work around
I've thought of is to take a snapshot of the VR frame, load it as a
graphic and hide the VR.  Movies always seem to appear in the top layer
(this is hardly surprising).  Just want to check if my understanding is
correct.

Is there any way to send a message from Metacard *to* a sprite track
within a quicktime movie? (I'm aware of QTdebug, but that's going from
the movie to MC)

R.
--
Rodney Tamblyn