Help! Has anyone compiled an external for OS X?

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 00:05:00 EDT 2003

Tereza,

I haven't built an mach-o external with Codewarrior for quite a while, but
what I DO have are several examples in ProjectBuilder.

If you're interested, I'll send you a small one off-list.

As far as outputting the binary, what you want to do is:

1) Compile your external code as a MacOS "bundle", i.e. "MyExternal.bundle".
2) Set the 'externals' property of your stack to the path to the bundle. This
can be a relative path, just as with images / movies etc.
3) Quit and reload the stack

HTH

Brian Yennie
Chief Technology Officer