Help! Has anyone compiled an external for OS X?

Yennie at aol.com Yennie at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 00:17:01 EDT 2003

Well that's what I get for not looking first. Seems there is now a
ProjectBuilder example in the external package.

It looks like an oversight if the Mach-o target is missing from the CW
project- there seems to be all the remnants of that target including settings and
precompiled header files... unfortunately I don't have a machine with CW loaded
at the moment to check it out.

You *should* be able to add a target for a mach-o bundle and compile with the
mach-o precompiled header in place of the Carbon, PPC, 68k, etc. You'll need
to add frameworks (instead of libraries) to the target- i.e. Carbon.framework
or others you may need such as Quicktime. Other than that, the example
external code should compile into a bundle for you with little modification. Follow
the install procedure from my previous email and you *should* be golden...

HTH

Brian Yennie
Chief Technology Officer
QLD Learning, LLC