Livecode Future

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Mon Jul 29 08:27:55 EDT 2024

Precisely. There are free products in the marketplace and products far more expensive than LiveCode too. Appian costs $75 per user with a minimum of 100 users so $7500 per month. Either the benefits that LiveCode bring are worth the price to you or they aren't.

Kind regards,

Kevin

On 26/07/2024, 17:04, "use-livecode on behalf of Heriberto Torrado via use-livecode"

Yes, it really is a shame what is happening. I understand that LiveCode
has every right to monetize their product. I would be more than willing
to donate a small amount on top of the license fee to support LiveCode.
Working with something so similar to HyperCard is truly enjoyable, and
the LiveCode community is fantastic. However, this significant increase
in development costs is a major concern.

There are free alternatives like Flutter (which supports both desktop
and mobile development), Electron, NW.js, NeutralinoJS, and Lazarus (for
desktop). Unfortunately, these tools use programming languages that are
much less user-friendly than LiveCode, such as Dart, JavaScript, and
Pascal. Additionally, with Electron and NeutralinoJS, you cannot hide
the source code.

Best regards,
Heriberto