Livecode Future

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 27 17:58:39 EDT 2024

Mike Kerner wrote:
> i appreciate the feedback. we've looked at xojo, a number of times,
> but never written anything important in it. it was just an option
> that came to mind, immediately, when thinking about LC competitors,
> and their pricing.

I've been very immersed in vendor evaluation in recent years as I selected a web toolkit to build out some domain properties with.

As I worked through that process, one of the things that became clearly useful for a thorough evalution is to not only look at vendor-managed forums, but also discussions beyond those as well, such as social media, etc.

For Xojo, a thorough evaluation can benefit from visiting the forum for those who no longer feel comfortable having candid discussion in Xojo's own forum:
https://ifnotnil.com/

Caveat: I haven't and don't plan to use Xojo in the foreseeable future, so I'm not endorsing any of the opinions expressed there one way or another. Not having used the product, I can offer no informed opinion about the views of those forum members. But as a content strategist and community builder I monitor many product ecosystems, and have found the discussion there interesting from a sentiment mining standpoint if nothing else.

--
Richard Gaskin
FourthWorld.com