Lockscreen and progress bar

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri Jul 26 11:13:16 EDT 2024

The solution I came up with was a standalone that I could send messages to. I called it Spinner because I wanted to show a dialog that displayed a message and a spinning graphic while Livecode was processing handlers. I could send commands to show itself, hide itself, display a message and activate the graphic. A progress bar could have been added but I stopped using it for some reason. On MacOS I used Applescript to send commands, but you could use sockets just as easily.

I think there are widgets now that will do what you want. My understanding is that widgets can be designed to run independent of Livecode’s single processing thread.

Bob S