Livecode Future

Kevin Miller kevin at livecode.com
Wed Jul 24 06:30:31 EDT 2024

Well in practical terms if you don't know about it it's even harder for us to know. These sorts of things do happen but only occasionally so I don't spend too much time worrying about it. Obviously a sensible conversation would need to be had if it was discovered, most of which we would expect to be between you and your customer.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/
LiveCode: Build Amazing Things

On 24/07/2024, 11:22, "use-livecode on behalf of Simon Knight via use-livecode" <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com> on behalf of use-livecode at lists.runrev.com <mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

One feature of the present commercial licensing is that I decide the terms and conditions that apply to any application I build. What happens under the new licensing if I build an application either for sale or for a client and then some time in the future the application is duplicated, distributed and used without my permission or even knowledge? Does RunRev chase me, the purchaser or both of us for breach of their license conditions?

best wishes

Simon