Livecode Future

General 2018 General.2018 at outlook.com
Wed Jul 24 08:49:29 EDT 2024

 Hi Kevin,

I have one commercial app which is sold through Fastspring. Fastspring take care of the digital service VAT. I make small sums from this and the 5% would hurt a little. This fits the new licence “Apps for Sale”

The concern is my second app, this is offered commercially as a package with a hardware product. The software is not available separately and attaches no cost.
This is exempt from the digital service VAT. It falls under free software in the real world and would look bad with the Livecode mandatory message “non-commerical” blinking at buyers of the package. To remove the Livecode message it’s needs to be commercial with non zero cost as per the licence model, this would be a killer as if the cost is even £1 then digital service VAT is due which would disrupt the way in which my product is distributed and controlled.

So, under the new Livecode licence models the seller of a commercial product package containing hardware and software in which the software element has no standalone value is being forced to charge separately for software, pay 5% and enter the world digital service VAT.

Is that the understanding ?

Regards
Camm