Live LiveCode Create demo

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Thu Aug 15 08:03:27 EDT 2024

Just speaking for myself.

I use substacks for different windows (modal or nonmodal) in my
application. A substack rarely has more than one card, which has the
controls for that window laid out the way I want them. Also, substacks
can just be script libraries or other sorts of libraries (icons, images,
etc.)

So I already use substack as different layouts in native apps. If moving
to the web, they effectively become different "pages" (or screens or
layouts of controls)

I think I have 1 app where I still use multiple cards to store data, one
record per card. If I have a chance to redo this, the data will be
stored in a property or variable and the stack will have a single "card"
or layout where the current record of data is displayed as the user
navigates through it.

For the most part, I already think of a substack as synonymous with a
window/screen/page layout of controls for an app.