Live LiveCode Create demo

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 07:09:14 EDT 2024

Just caught up on this and really enjoyed it.  Obviously the team has been working hard, and created something really special.

My question is conceptual, not a technical/features based one, so I am raising it here because I would be really interested in folks views.

Kevin states towards the end of the video that substacks are still there and still work, but LC folks are moving away from that metaphor in favour of ‘layouts’.  Now I had watched the whole video with my mental model being ‘layouts’ correspond to a (very smart)  group on a card.   In light of what Kevin said that must be wrong, but I can’t quite see how the Create metaphor maps onto  the ol’ Xtalk hierarchy of things.

Cheers

David G