Possible enhancement request

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 2 11:31:20 EDT 2023

for good or bad, the lcb style guide section on events as excerpted, here
<https://github.com/macMikey/LCB-missing-manual/wiki/LiveCode-Builder-Style-Guide#events>
says
that those events are recommended, but not required.
in many of those widgets, it would also be nice if there was a way to
intercept the click, and decide what to do, before it is just done.
that's part of what led to the birth of the "navrad" widget - intercept a
click in the navbar and decide whether the hilite should be allowed to
change or not, instead of changing the hilite first, and then undoing it if
it should not have been allowed.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2023 at 11:20 AM Klaus major-k via use-livecode <

> Hi friends,
>
> before I post an enhancment request to the "Qualtiy Center", I wanted to
> hear your opinions about this.
>
> Wouldn't it be great if ALL widgets would receive and handle at least a
> mouseup (and mousedown) meassage?
> I have always wondered why that is not the case.
>
> This way scripting would be a lot easier for us and we do not have to
> remember the many different messages
> the widgets have. Yes, they can be seen in the script editor on the left
> side, nevertheless... :-)
>
> Examples:
> PolyGrid -> cellclick
> PolyList -> itemclick
> Segmentedcontrol -> hilitechanged
> Switch Button -> hilitechanged
> Radial Slider -> valueChanged
> Navigation Bar -> hilitechanged
> Line Graph -> receives NO message at all?
>
> Maybe I forgot one or two things here, but I think you get the picture.
> Thank you for your opinions.
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
> --