Possible enhancement request

Klaus major-k klaus at major-k.de
Thu Nov 2 11:20:15 EDT 2023

Hi friends,

before I post an enhancment request to the "Qualtiy Center", I wanted to hear your opinions about this.

Wouldn't it be great if ALL widgets would receive and handle at least a mouseup (and mousedown) meassage?
I have always wondered why that is not the case.

This way scripting would be a lot easier for us and we do not have to remember the many different messages
the widgets have. Yes, they can be seen in the script editor on the left side, nevertheless... :-)

Examples:
PolyGrid -> cellclick
PolyList -> itemclick
Segmentedcontrol -> hilitechanged
Switch Button -> hilitechanged
Radial Slider -> valueChanged
Navigation Bar -> hilitechanged
Line Graph -> receives NO message at all?

Maybe I forgot one or two things here, but I think you get the picture.
Thank you for your opinions.

Best

Klaus
--