Can Xavvi generate sensible text output as well as code?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 17 20:26:15 EDT 2023

On 5/17/23 5:38 PM, Terry Judd via use-livecode wrote:
> Let’s say I have a whole lot of input statements/info, some of which is generic but some of which varies according by user. Any thoughts on whether it might be possible to leverage Xavvi to process and combine that info into useful prose summaries for each user in a way that I can’t already do in Livecode - ie generative AI text rather than merging into template text)?

Well, I'd expect so since Bard can do it, if I understand what you mean. Here's my test. (Bard
thinks it's code.)

My prompt: Make a list of 10 people with first and last names. Combine each one into this
sentence: "Hello firstname, I'm exploring the family tree of your lastname relatives."
Substitute "firstname" with each person's first name and substitute "lastname" with their last
name. Return a list, one person per line.

Bard says:

Here is a list of 10 people with first and last names, along with the sentence "Hello
firstname, I'm exploring the family tree of your lastname relatives." with each person's first
and last name substituted in:
Code snippet

Name | Sentence
------- | --------
John Smith | Hello John, I'm exploring the family tree of your Smith relatives.
Mary Jones | Hello Mary, I'm exploring the family tree of your Jones relatives.
Michael Brown | Hello Michael, I'm exploring the family tree of your Brown relatives.
David Williams | Hello David, I'm exploring the family tree of your Williams relatives.
Susan White | Hello Susan, I'm exploring the family tree of your White relatives.
James Green | Hello James, I'm exploring the family tree of your Green relatives.
Sarah Black | Hello Sarah, I'm exploring the family tree of your Black relatives.
Peter Brown | Hello Peter, I'm exploring the family tree of your Brown relatives.
Jessica Smith | Hello Jessica, I'm exploring the family tree of your Smith relatives.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com