Am I using the best mail client?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Fri May 12 17:56:53 EDT 2023

I thread my mail in Apple Mail, and I also have a rule which moves incoming mail from the list into its own folder. The trouble with that is that some mail clients quote at the top of the body, and others quote below. That makes reading a long string of emails and quoted replies nearly impossible to figure out.

There was some talk years ago about the practice of only quoting the relevant body text, and not every single reply with quote, and reply with quote of reply with quote, and every reply with quote of every reply with quote of every reply... you get the picture. After reading through 20 replies of the same quotes over and over and over all these years, well it's a miracle I have not been "committed" yet. But I do not think very many really got the memo. Still, that simple change in the way people reply to emails would relieve I think most of the pain people feel in using a list.

Bob S