Livecode 10.0.0dp5 new reserved words

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jul 11 11:20:26 EDT 2023

Or… he could just go through his code using the find utility and replace every instance of tExt with tExtension. :-)

Bob S

On 2023-07-11 12:28, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
Does anyone, including folks at the mothership, have a list of new reserved words in Livecode 10?
I have used a variable called "tExt" (t for temp, Ext for extension)  to pull of the file extension from file paths. i.e. if tFile contains "C:/users/paul/desktop/image.png"
set itemDel to "."
put last item of tFile into tExt -- tExt contains "png"
However, in LC 10.0.0dp5, the word "tExt" (which is "text") now appears to be a reserved work and you can not use it as a variable. This is not true in LC 9.6.9.  This has me asking: Are there any other new reserved words I should refactor out of my code before I get mysterious errors?

I don't think we knowingly made 'text' not be allowed as a variable in non-explicitVariables mode...

You cannot explicitly declare `tExt` as a variable in 10 or 9.x or (I think) ever - but it obviously worked in 9.6.x and before if you don't use explicitVariables.

I'm not sure what change we've made which has caused that - file a bug and we'll look into it - its probably a regression, but could be a (necessary, but unrealized) side-effect of another change we've made internally.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ mark at livecode.com<mailto:mark at livecode.com> ~ http://www.livecode.com/