A stack "revCursors" is already in memory.

Neville Smythe neville.smythe at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jul 6 22:46:32 EDT 2023

Paul

Are you launching a stack that has previously been made into a standalone?

Some time ago very often when I created a standalone it added copies of the built-in revCursors stack(s) as substacks of my  stack. Before I noticed this subsequent standalone builds could add multiple copies all with the same name. And then I would get that message when the stack was launched, since the copies conflicted with the original versions that the IDE needs. I never quite pinned down what caused the insertion, so couldn’t report it as a bug, and I haven’t seen it in recent versions of LiveCode.

The solution was to use the project browser to list all the substacks of the stack and simply delete the nugatory copies of revCursors. As I recall there was some extra step such as renaming the substack before deleting, perhaps only necessary in the case there were multiple copies, so as to not to confuse the delete command.

Neville