LC 9.6.9 App uses too much memory!

harrison at all-auctions.com harrison at all-auctions.com
Wed Aug 16 21:27:40 EDT 2023

Hi Mark,

It was a very old stack that used the Player object.
It had start and stop buttons that I had created,
and a couple of scrollbar objects for quick value
scrubbing and playing.

There was some rather odd behavior with the
toggle controller where the 9.6.9 version was
the flip flop of the 9.6.8 version.  Other than
that I couldn’t see any noticeable differences.

I was able to reconstruct this simple stack
in LC 9.6.9 and have it function properly,
when made from scratch.

Perhaps the old stack had some unseen
corruption or something.  It was just very
odd to see it function fine in LC 9.6.8
but then have it cause that memory
leak overrun in LC 9.6.9 and be unusable.

I haven’t been able to come up with a
recipe to duplicate the problem.

If I can figure out a repeatable recipe
I’ll get back to you on that.  This is