Linux filenames in LC Server

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Aug 16 19:33:16 EDT 2023

It seems it is possible to set environment vars  using redirect rules in .htaccess.

I added the following lines to my .htaccess

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule \.(lc) - [E=LANG:de_DE.UTF-8]

the 2nd line or better tells Apache not to redirect, but to 'use'  the flag [E=....]  when an .lc file is "requested".
The flag allows to set an environment variable.  E=LANG:de_DE.UTF-8        tells apache to set the variable LANG  to the value de_DE.UTF-8
It's even possible to set cookies that way using a cookie tag.

With those 2 lines i did not receive the 'can't open file'  error anymore and the file with a non-ascii filename, in my script testä.txt, was created by the .lc script.
In my ftp client the file testä.txt is shown as testä.txt, but i can access the file from LCserver still with its original name testä.txt