Which sqlite?

doc hawk dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 10:51:45 EDT 2023

neville noticed,
>It is easy enough to install a more capable version of sqlite on the Mac, but I don’t see a way to get LC to use it.

It seems to me that several years ago I briefly used an external SQLite, but I cannot remember how

I started with mysql (on livecode’s server, come to think of it, or was it still runrev?), but performance was beyond molasses, as livecode cannot do a compound query on mysql.

I shifted to hosting my own postgreSQL, and then (if I have the order straight) switched from an array of variables to the included SQLite for local storage, updating periodically.

The problem with trying to use the Mac-supplied databases is that they sometimes change without notice.

I started using the internal postgres, and then, one day, my whole system suddenly stopped working.

It turned out that apple had changed major postgres releases on a minor maintenance release.  And the postgres's weren’t compatible with one another!

I had to install an older postgres to export my data, and at that point stayed with running my own postgres.

If you’re going to use the built-in, you need to be *very* careful.