9.6.9 iOS compile error

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Apr 14 01:21:48 EDT 2023

On 2023-04-14 03:48, Andrew at MidWest Coast Media via use-livecode
wrote:
> When compiling the same app using 9.6.9 and Xcode 14.2, my submissions
> are getting rejected by Apple when attempting to upload with
> Transporter:
>
> ERROR ITMS-90502: "Invalid Bundle. Your binary,
> 'com.midwestcoastmedia.link', has a 64-bit architecture slice, so you
> must include the "arm64" value for the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key
> in your Xcode project. Learn more
> (https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/iPhoneOSKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009252-SW3).”
>
> I’m guessing I could just update the info.plist manually but I was
> really trying to avoid that long term.

So with the move to Xcode14.2 we can no longer build 32-bit slices in
iOS so we have had to remove those from the engines in 9.6.9 - however
we did miss the fact that currently the S/B will only include the
`arm64` capability *if* the min iOS version is 11.0 and above (the arm64
capability is required as there is only a 64-bit slice!).

Thus you can either change the min version to 11.0 - or just tweak the
revsaveasiosstandalone script - at around line 1771 there is:

    -- Building for iOS 11.0 or more only builds the 64bit slice, so
update the plist
    if pSettings["ios,minimum version"] >= 11.0 then
    end if

Removing the 'if' and making this unconditional will ensure that the
arm64 key is always present.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.