Quick and simple web demos?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Sep 30 20:11:40 EDT 2022

Short answers:

1. Yes

2. Yes, but probably not.

3. Yes.

Long answers.

1. Yes, absolutely, it's ideal for quick, easy-to-distribute apps or
demo samples.

2. Yes, you'll need somewhere to store/give access to the files. But it
probably won't be Google Drive - you want the files of the app to each
be accessible via https: (and there are assumptions about their relative
position in the default build version - may be possible to over-ride
them and use Google Drive, but I suspect lots more work. Easiest is to
just have a web server and put the bundle created by  build-for-web up
there.

3. Yes.

4. There are a few samples, etc.

https://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/1496056-how-do-i-put-my-first-app-on-the-web-lc-10-and-later

Note this uses the default-built HTML file, which is pretty unappealing.
The discussion on the comments says something about replacing it, or
there have been other examples on the uselist and (more) on the forums
about this. In one of the LC Global conferences fairly recently, Steve
Crighton and Michael Macreary did a web app, with custom html/LCS to
interact to handle resizing etc. Sorry - don't know which one it was,
and the poor indexing/naming makes it tedious to try to find. It's all a
bit complex and barely documented for now, but will improve before
actual release.

Alex.