10.0.0-dp-2 html5 and liburlLastRHHeaders()

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 06:48:37 EDT 2022

With some servers the cache-control header is returned too.

It looks to me that there is some mysterious shim that exists between
libUrl calls and Javascript, and this shim is the (likely) reason why only
some headers are being returned to the app. Does anyone know what is going
on here?

I am trying to find the "HTML5 Deployment" guide, which supposedly lists
the limitations. I can't find this HTML5 Deployment guide from a Google
search nor within the IDE (where it supposedly lives) nor on livecode.com.
Here's what the Release Notes say: For more information, please see the
"HTML5 Deployment" guide in the LiveCode IDE.

Anyone else able to locate this document? Maybe they mean the general
Deployment section in the Livecode Guides (which does have a HTML5
subsection). Considering that the subsection within that Deployment guide
mentions Emscripten, I have my doubts that it is the place where we are to
find accurate information about how HTML5 deployment works with the 10.x
version.  I'm at a loss as to how we are to provide feedback on these great
new features coming in version 10 if there is scant documentation on what
they are supposed to do or not do.

I've already experienced a situation (on Windows and Mac) where using the
Test button fails to launch the app in a browser (my guess is something
wrong with LC's httpd service).  That doesn't look good. After several
repeated attempts with the Test button the app eventually launches in the
browser.

Regards
Bernard