Problems with Filter?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sat Mar 12 11:43:57 EST 2022

Good Morning!

I’m trying to get filter to work with some text and so far no success at all.

Given large string:  abcdefghijkTHISISMYTEXTTOFINDlmnopqrstuvwxyz

I want the text between THIS and FIND which could be anything like ISLJFKKDKLS

It’s OK to include the THIS and FIND in my result.

I’m thinking I need a wildcard character like * to get the information.

So if I try:
put "THIS*FIND" into tTarget

put “abcdefghijkTHISISMYTEXTTOFINDlmnopqrstuvwxyz” into tLargeTextString

put tLargeTextString into pText

filter pText with regex tTarget into tFilteredTextResult

answer "tFilteredTextResult = " & tFilteredTextResult

One might think this would work, but it doesn’t, and I get nothing for tFilteredTextResult

Suggestions?