Lock screen and animated gif

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Tue Dec 20 13:27:31 EST 2022

Mark,

Thanks for clarifying!

On 12/20/2022 1:10 PM, Mark Waddingham via use-livecode wrote:
> Finally click button B2 on stack S2 - the one which changes the
> defaultStack in a pending message... Then observe an error - this is
> the case Paul describes.

I must have had some of the above going on - some instances where the
defaultStack was being explicitly set. With 100K+ lines of code, I even
miss things with searches! I thought it was the waits but it must be
waits along with code that changes the default stack. We've just been
making all object references fully qualifies which has seem to address
the problem, but, based on this information, I'll search the code for
explicit instances where code changes the defaultStack.

If someone switches to another applications (so a suspendStack is
executes and does the currently executing script get suspended?) and
then back to a different window/stack, could that also change the
defaultStack for the currently executing script when it resumes? It's
just another real=world user behavior we see with people using our
research tool.