What ever happened to LC blockchain?

harrison at all-auctions.com harrison at all-auctions.com
Sat Dec 17 12:36:40 EST 2022

Hi Richard,

I just read an article about Ethereum, and smart contracts.

How one would approach this with LiveCode would be
an interesting topic, although it does raise some questions.

For example: Assume that someone writes an app
like a game, that is stored as a smart contract. Although
it is decentralized, future obsolescence of hardware
and software, will eventually make the game
obsolete too. Then it’s just trash data slowing
down blockchain transactions.  Does that make
sense?

The article I read also discussed CrytoKitties
which I would say is the same as NFT artwork.

I don’t see much value in that kind of artwork.

There is also speculation that the reason some
of this artwork has sold for large sums of money
is because it is being used by criminal elements
to conduct money laundering.  That of course
falsely makes the currency seem that it must
have some real value, that fools others into
investing in it.

There has to be a better way to implement
such ideas.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for your replies!

Rick